Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Sow it Begins...

At long last I have started sowing and first into the soil were Peppers.

We had great success with long, sweet peppers last year and I have sown the same varieties again this year.

Jalapenos are a must for us; we use them a lot and we do like them pickled.

I have also sown a Bell Pepper, Worldbeater.
We have never had much success with Bell Peppers but these seeds came free with something so it would be a shame not to give them a chance.


Finally, we have Pinocchio's Nose, a Chilli Pepper which, I freely admit, I chose because of it's name.

I did a quick search about Pinocchio's Nose and ended up in the realms of philosophy and logic.
I am now completely discombobulated and I see no reason why you should escape my confusion, although you can, of course, choose not to click the link.
It's perfectly safe, just a Wikipedia page.
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to:


We accept no responsibility for your sanity :)

14 comments:

  1. ..and sow it does begin.

    What an exciting time of year.

    Good luck with you capsicum adventures...

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't made up my mind whether I'm going to bother growing peppers or not this year, though I should really get a move on deciding otherwise it'll be too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was you who put me on to the long, sweet peppers! You have to grow some :)

      Delete
  3. Suddenly it's that time of year again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes around quicker every year ;)

      Delete
  4. I don't grow peppers, or indeed oca, but have enjoyed reading both posts! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. I didn't have you pegged as a pepper kind of guy :)

      Delete
  5. Great to be adventuresome with trying new seeds. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading the link to Pinocchio's Paradox before heading to bed was not perhaps in my best interest ;) My mind is now flummoxed. Perhaps in the light of day ;)

    What a lovely wordplay title ~ Sow it begins....Not only the pun of 'so it begins'... but also a reference to a female pig. :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing how the peppers proliferate, and that's no lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are the only one who has been brave enough to read it. It starts off simple, doesn't it? Then it gets you :)

      So glad you noticed the wordplay, I had been saving it for when we get our new pigs, just to confuse people.
      You are pretty good at word play youself ;)

      Delete
  7. Well, that's me stumped! I did try to follow but I gave up! I like to try something new every year, I think I would have been tempted to try based on the name alone. I must get some chilli seeds, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment, even if you are simply passing by. We love to hear from our visitors and we do try to reply to everyone.
Thank You.